Congratulations to the 2019 Home Brew Competition! See the winners Here
Our 10th Annual Big Muddy Monster Home Brew Contest is sanctioned by the American Homebrewers Association and the Beer Judge Certification Program.
Entries will be judged by BJCP-certified judges, professional brewers and other professionals in the field. The home brew competition will be open to all amateur adult home brewers and open to all styles and substyles of beer in BJCP categories 1-34 of the 2015 BJCP Guidelines (see the BJCP website for more information on these categories.) Mead and cider entries will not be included this year.
$250 cash prize or the equivalent in credit at the homebrew supply store of their choice and the winning beer to be brewed through a local brewery (TBA).
1. Submit two 10-14 ounce bottles with no distinguishing marks on the bottle or cap. Blacked-out caps are OK.
2. Entrant Information Form: Please complete this form ONE TIME ONLY for each entrant. No club affiliation is necessary to enter.
3. Entry Listing Form: Only one Entrant Info form per person is needed, but use additional copies of the Entry List if needed to list all of your entries. Please include any additional notes that are required by BJCP guidelines for styles 6D, 16E, 17F, 20, 21, 22B, 22C, 25C, 26A, 27E, and 28B-D. See BJCP style guidelines for the specific requirements.
4. Bottle Labels: Cut out the bottle labels and affix a Bottle Label with the requisite information to each bottle with rubber band(s) – do not use tape. Be sure to include the Entry Number, the BJCP category code (e.g. 2B for Bohemian Pilsner), the Style Name, and any additional information needed. Please ensure that the information on the Bottle Label is complete and matches that on the Entry Listing and Entrant Information Forms. There is no limit on the number of entries an individual may submit, but only one entry per sub-category will be allowed. Copy the Bottle Labels page as needed.
5. Enclose a check for the total amount of your entries or pay online at Paypal. The cost is $5 per entry. Payments can be made online at Paypal, or checks (made out to "Friends of Murphysboro" can be mailed to Big Muddy Brewing. PLEASE NOTE THAT REGGIEBEER SAYS THE ENTRY FEE IS $7 - THIS IS AN ISSUE THAT HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION AND WE ARE WORKING ON RESOLVING IT. THE COST PER ENTRY IS $5.
6. All shipped entries must be sent to the location below (do not ship via USPS). Pack your entries carefully and time them to arrive by Aug. 24th, 2019. Late entries will not be accepted. All entries will be refrigerated upon receipt.
Entries may be shipped to the following address:
Big Muddy Brewing
1430 North 7th Street
Murphysboro, IL 62966
Other Entry Locations Coming Soon
121 Broadway Street
(Cape Girardeau, MO)
Big Muddy Brewing
1430 North 7th Street
2nd Shift Brewing
1601 Sublette Ave
(St. Louis, MO)
3145 Park Ave
7. Categories may be combined if there are insufficient entries in a given category.
8. Final judging is on Saturday, Sept. 7th. at the 17st Warehouse in Murphysboro, IL. All entrants are invited to attend the Big Muddy Monster Brew Festival at Riverside Park (Murphysboro, IL) on Oct. 5th starting at 12 PM. Admission is a separate fee.
9. Ribbons are awarded to the top three finishers in each category during our Awards ceremony starting at approximately 2:00 PM.
10. After Oct. 5th, results will be posted as soon as possible on our website:
11. We will get the score sheets in the mail as soon as possible, along with any ribbons that were not picked up during the Awards Ceremony.
12. For further information, please contact the Home Brew Coordinator, Megan Archer at firstname.lastname@example.org or find general information at http://www.bigmuddymonsterbrewfest.com/home-brew-competition.html.
Rules • Forms • Registration
Competition rules, entry, registration and bottle label forms are linked below. Please download and fill out accordingly. Send your entry information to Big Muddy Brewing.
For further information, please contact the Home Brew Coordinator, Gabrielle Smith, at email@example.com.
This event is brought to you by Friends of Murphysboro Foundation.
This event is 21 and over. No children and no pets. Service dogs are permitted. Have ID available. No outside food or drinks, except bottled water. Rain or Shine: NO REFUNDS!
© 2019 Big Muddy Monster Brew Fest. All Rights Reserved.